Oh boy, are we tan! After spending three days in Long Beach Island, NJ and three days (I know, its nutty) in Lake George, NY; we are finally home and settling back into reality.
Summer time blues? Definitely beginning to set in. You can help but smell Fall in the air. The streets of New Paltz are filled with the hustle and bustle of students moving back in, the stores are busy and I remember this nostalgic feeling that always seems to surface this time of year. The ending of another summer and beginning of Fall that in evidently leads to a long winter.
What is it about the summer that just makes us feel so much calmer? Could it be the books we try to read, the warm humid air, the barbequed dinners, the swimming or play dates at the park? Overall, for me its the freedom that comes with being outdoors. Somehow during the winter it feels limited.
This summer has brought lots of changes emotionally and for my family. Job changes were made, babies were born, accidents happened but mostly we grew closer to one another. Learning to respect one's space and lend a hand more often. As I grow, I realize that we really need one another to lean on and the summer gives a perfect canvas for us to do so.
And as for this Fall, the season of change, we have lots to look forward to. I begin a new journey towards my Masters in Teaching. Gary continues to grow his business and our little Gavin is growing a changing by the second. We have weddings coming and birthdays on the horizon.
Here's to the season of freedom and the season of change....
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment